Epiphany is a word that feels like it should have an exclamation point following it: Epiphany! It is that moment of joyful discovery, a shift in perspective, a new space opening up in one’s heart, mind, and spirit. No wonder the early Christians chose the word “Epiphany” to describe the revelation of God through the incarnation of Jesus.
This Epiphany season, River East is following this theme of inviting the Spirit to ‘make new space’ within us. Preachers have chosen a favourite word, story, or theme from Scripture — something they each have been ‘chewing on’ for some time — and will be offering them in a new light. Each Sunday will be an exploration of different territory, so be prepared to make new space!
- Jan 7, 2018 - FreedomJohn 8:31-33; 2 Corinthians 3:12-18Speaker: Cheryl Pauls
- Jan 14, 2018 - ZimzumGenesis 1:1-5; Philippians 2:5-8Speaker: Aaron Thiessen
- Jan 21, 2018 - TroubleJoshua 7:1-26Speaker: Mary Anne Isaak
- Jan 28, 2018 - TzitzitMark 5:25-34Speaker: Aaron Thiessen
- Feb 4, 2018 - Spirituality1 Corinthians 12:1-3Speaker: Andrew Dyck
- Feb 11, 2018 - EmbraceLuke 15:11-32Speaker: Mary Anne Isaak